Group fitness classes are a fun and interactive way to get fit and healthy – a great workout for all ages and fitness levels, and to help you stay motivated. We have a range of classes at RecWest Footscray including, Boxing, Zumba, circuit training, Kettlebells and a large range of wellness classes.
We have both low and high impact activities to suit any age or fitness level. See the timetable on our website or pick up a copy at the centre. We can assess your fitness level and find classes that will help you achieve the best results.
- BODY BLITZ - A variety of stations using weights, bands, kettlebells and your own bodyweight for a great cardio and conditioning workout.
- BOXING - A circuit based class focussed on fighting techniques. Guaranteed to give you a great strength and cardio workout.
- CARDIO COMBO - See your heartrate pushed with intercal drills and endurance challenges
- CORE AND STRETCH CIRCUIT - An aerobic core based circuit that includes both Static & PNF stretching. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- KETTLEBELL - The ultimate training tool! Improve your core strength, muscle tone and cardio fitness with these unique weights.
- PILATES - Improve your flexibility, balance and body awareness with controlled and precise exercises executed through breath and flowing movements, challenging you physically and mentally.
- SMALL GROUP PERSONAL TRAINING - See Customer Service staff for further information.
- STRONG TO THE CORE - A core based class designed to improve your overall core strength through the use of swiss balls, medicine balls, therabands and body weight exercises. A class not to be missed!
- YOGA - Focuses on improving flexibility and posture through stretching and correct breathing techniques.
- ZUMBA - Come and join the party! A unique Latin inspired dance and music class. No ability or experience needed.
LES MILLS CLASSES:
- BodyPump® - This is the original barbell class set to awesome music while you are motivated by your instructor to push to your limit! The fastest way to tone and condition your body and get in shape!
- LIVING LONGER LIVING STRONGER - A gym program for strength, flexibility and balance for older adults.
- PRYME MOVERS - This aerobic class uses weights, bands, and chairs for a fun cardio and strength workout. Targeted at people aged 55 and over.
- YOUNG AT HEART SENIORS - This light aerobic class uses Swiss Balls weights and bands for a fun workout which helps improve all aspects of daily living from balance and coordination to strength and endurance. Targeted for people aged 65 and over.
- ACTIVE HEARTS - A gentle physical activity program suitable for anyone who hasn't done any exercise in a while. You can exercise at your own pace in a friendly atmosphere. Active Hearts is open to everyone and is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity.
Our Group Fitness classes run 6 days a week from Monday through to Saturday. Classes are included in all Health and Wellness memberships and also available on a casual basis. Participating in a Group Fitness classes adds variety and extra motivation to your workouts to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Try something new and see the benefits of these dynamic group fitness classes today.